Week 3 Blog- January 31st
Questions:
What did you learn this week?
This week in discussion I learned more deeper into life cycles from different animals. I learned the different aspects of the life cycles such as the egg, larva, pupa and then adult. We also talked about dormant or active things and non-living and living things. A seed for example starts as a dormant thing but, when it has the perfect conditions to grow it begins to be active. Lastly, I learned what a fast plant was. Before this class, I didn't even know a fast plant was a thing. A fast plant is from the mustard and cabbage family, and takes about a 40 day period to go through it's life cycles.
What did you find clear and what did you find confusing?
I found the life cycles of animals and plants very clear as they go by steps and reproduce. I found the debate of viruses being living or non -living confusing due to there being no real correct answer. In discussion I shared my opinion that, I can see both sides of viruses being living and non living due to it spreading and getting bigger but, also the virus itself has no cells.
How can you apply what you learned to your teaching in the future?
I can apply to what I learned in my future teaching by bringing in hands on activities into my lessons. As we did in class, my students can make an example of a life cycle and also grow a plant. I also can do some readings involved with these topics as we saw in class in a picture below. I think this material is very important for students to learn as they are one of the main essentials of science. Us humans are also living things that go through a life cycle.
Photos:
| A picture of us growing a fast plant |
| Another photo of the fast plant |
| This is a photo of example of a ladybug life cycle that I made |
| This is an example of how I could use this material in my future teaching |
| This come from last weeks seed germination, process of the plant growth |
Hi Adrianna! I also found the debate between viruses being living or nonliving confusing. I like how you would like to use hands-on activities in the future by having your class plant things! So fun!
ReplyDeleteHi Andriana! Wow, that fast plant is surely growing fast! Seems like you're doing a great job. I like how you are gathering materials through the class to use in the future! Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteHi Andriana! I also found the debate about living, nonliving, and dormant things confusing. The context changes the answer to each scenario which can be confusing to decipher. For the life cycle activity, I also did a ladybug! You did a great job with your project and everything is clear and labeled!
ReplyDeleteHI Andriana!
ReplyDeleteI agree with you that I also found whether a virus is non living or living to be quite confusing. I also see both sides but tend to shift more to non-living because of the virus needing a host to generate. I also think that in my future classrooms I will incorporate a lot of hands on learning like making models of life cycles. Your lady bug is so cute!
Hi Andriana! I like how you mentioned that we learned about dormant seeds and they need the perfect conditions to grow and be active. I was confused originally on this topic in lab! The discussion on viruses is also a great point, because I can see it both being living or nonliving. I love how many pictures you included, especially the book you can use in future teaching! Good job :)
ReplyDeleteYour model of the life cycle of a ladybug is great! Thanks for sharing. What else do you think you would do in your classroom with life cycles?
ReplyDeleteGreat model of the life cycle of a ladybug! I like that you appeared to mix 3-d with 2-d modeling. What else do you think you would do in your future classroom with life cycles?
ReplyDeleteHi Andriana! I like how you included the picture of the National Geographic video that we watched and how you would incorporate it into your future teaching. It is helpful to build these resources throughout our methods coursework!
ReplyDeleteHey Andriana! I love your lady bug life cycle, it looks awesome as well as your plant that has started to grow from last weeks germination! I also found the debate about viruses being either considered living or non living a bit confusing as well at first and can also can understand both sides of the argument.
ReplyDelete