Week 4 Blog- February 7th

 Questions: 

What did you learn this week?

This week I learned about 5E modeling and how for a good lesson you should include all 5. The 5 include: engage, explore, explain, extend, and evaluate. Each of these models bring students to have a deeper thinking and connection with the material. I also learned what instructional models are, as you need to follow certain standards, curriculum, and community decisions. Instructional modeling is more based on learning theories that are accepted at the time of the models development. Lastly, I learned that the order of learning experiences do matter. You need to have prior knowledge in order to move forward and fully learn the material.

Which parts did you find clear and what did you find confusing?

I found that is matters of the order of learning experience matter being very clear as you don't want to be teaching and having students confused about what you thought they already knew. Having an order can limit the amount of students that are behind and confused. For this week, I didn't find anything confusing!

How can you apply what you learned to your teaching in the future?

I will be using 5E modeling in the future, as I believe this is a very beneficial way to lesson plan. The 5E plan brings in different aspects into modeling and includes hands-on activities for the students making them fully engaged. It also includes checking for understandings at the end which is a good way for teachers to make sure their students are on the right track.




Photos:

This is an update of my fast growing plant from last week. I just added some more water so, hopefully it grows more!

These are caterpillars, slowing turning into a butterfly

Today in class, my group made a google slides of the 5E modeling examples explaining the teacher's role and students role in each.





Comments

  1. Hi, Adriana. I enjoyed reading your blog post! I was also really intrigued with the idea that the way you structure your lessons, and the order that each stages goes in is very important. After learning more about this instructional method, it makes sense that they should each go in a certain order so that students are able to use their background knowledge during certain stages. Love the picture of the caterpillars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it interesting look at all of the different fast growing plants and how everyone's plants are growing at different rates. But I think that it would be a good lesson that not everything goes according to plan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find it interesting that each plant was growing at a different rate. We have a decent sized stem. on ours, but then there are ones that haven't grown much lately. I wonder why some plants are growing faster than others when they all received the same amount of water.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Adriana!
    I found learning about the 5E modeling for a good lesson plan to be very intriguing and necessary to be able to be an efficient teacher for your students when it comes to the classroom. I agree that having an order is helpful not only for our students, but being teachers as well. It helps a lesson plan run smoothly and gives you a better idea on how to setup your lesson plan too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, Adrianna!
    I found learning about the 5E model for creating better lesson plans is essential when become a future teachers. These 5 steps help us understand how we can create a lesson plan that runs smoothly for our students, but for us as teachers as well! I agree that order is key to having a successful lesson plan and helps give a good idea on how to setup our lessons too. Definitely will be using this in the future! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment