Week 5 Blog- February 14th

Questions:

What did you learn this week?

I learned about bubble net fishing and how it is a hunting tactic for whales to get fish. They continuously create bubbles to trap the fish and collect them. I find this as a very interesting way of hunting and way of interaction in the ecosystems. I also learned about a example of a food chain in a grassland (project showed below)

Are you able to relate what you learned to what you already knew?

I learned more clearly about how to find lessons in NGSS. Today, we got shown a 5E model lesson and had to pair it with the certain criteria that aligned with it on the NGSS website. I already knew about the NGSS website before this, but now I know how to more clearly work the website and how to find which standards go to what lessons. 

How can you apply to what you learned into your future teaching?

Today, we also went over ecology including biomes, habitats and ecosystem. We also briefly went over the food chain and how it is different from food webs. I can see myself teaching these materials in the future, because I remember learning this in elementary school. I also think this material can bring a lot of hands on activities for my students to better understand the ecosystem. Lastly, this material is very important to us to learn due to knowing more about where we live and what it's like. Like we did in class, creating an ecosystem is a very beneficial and good idea to learn this lesson. 

Photos:


an example of a grassland ecosystem that my group made

the ecosystem after its been disrupted

an update of my fast growing plant (grew a good amount!)




Comments

  1. Hi
    I too got to learn about bubble net fishing. It was so incredible to see this so close up, it felt unreal. I like how they work as a team to achieve the goal.

    What intelligent creatures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you created your food chain it is a lot more clear than ours was. We branched our every. which way and it was a bit of an eyesore to look at to be honest. But yours looks really nice! It's also so fun to watch our plants grow! I am glad to see you are excited like I am!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andriana! I also remember learning about biomes in elementary school and loving it! I love that you remember learning about biomes. The plant looks great wow I wonder who is helping you grow that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there, Andriana. Your example of the grassland food chain looks amazing! It is very clear as to which animals are the primary, secondary, and tertiary consumers. I also liked how you included a little drawing in it as well. Your fast plant seems to be doing great! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your post. Learning about how animals work together to catch food was very interesting, and I agree that learning about how our ecosystem affects us is important for students.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment