Week 6 Blog- February 21st
Questions:
Are you able to relate what you learned to what you already know?
We watched the Jamboard presentations about each type of ecosystems and examples of food chains in those. Last week, we learned about each ecosystems but, no specific details. This helped me to learn about what animals would be in certain ecosystems and what the food chains (energy flow) looked like in each. We also learned more about turtles and the growth and process of them becoming adults. Prior to this information, I knew little about turtles and their hatching. I learned now that only 1 out of 1,000 turtles last to adulthood, and how many factors affect the growth of turtles.
Which parts did you find clear and what was confusing?
Today we learned about pollination and how it comes from bees. I found this very clear as I knew this previously and knew bees help flowers grow. I also found the parts of the flower dissection very clear as we are learning each part of the flower (female and male parts, petal, sepal). Lastly, we went over our previous homework for the NGSS outline, I was confused on what the expectations were for perfecting the assignment.
How can you apply what you learned to your teaching in the future?
I can apply ecosystems into my future teaching by presenting different types of ecosystems to the class, so everyone has knowledge about the different types. I thought the Jamboard was fun to interact with, as we could present to the class and represented the information in creative ways. I also find the bee and pollination activity very interesting and fun. I can use this material as a hands on activity like we did in class using dry bees and plants that my future students will grow. I can also use read out louds to show some of these materials (like the sea turtle book today), I find this keeping elementary students engaged while learning.
Photos:
| The growth process of our fast growing plant (due to the floppiness of the stems we had to clip them together) |
| An example of the bees we will be using next week to pollinate our flowers |
| worksheet that we did in class, cause and effects of turtles from natural and human factors |
| Turtle game we played in class (shows the fate of the turtles, population of turtles, survival rate of turtles while hatching) |
Hi Andriana!
ReplyDeleteYour blog was so detailed and taught me a lot. I agree last week we learned vaugley about the six biomes and with the jamboard this week it helped me learn a lot more about the biomes and their characteristics. I also believe that in the future I will use the jamboard app because it is fun and interactive for students.
I loved the thing we did about turtles! I think I will include the turtle fortune teller activity in my. future lessons because it could really help them to understand the sad truth that not many turtles make it to the sea.
ReplyDeleteHello! I agree that students learn better when they are participating in hands on activities. I also thought that the Jamboard activity was effective, and will most likely use it in my future classroom for activities such as this.
ReplyDeleteHello! I also agree that students learn best when participating in hands on activities. I also liked the Jamboard activity that we did in class and I feel like I will use that in my class for future actives such as these.
ReplyDeleteHello! I also agree that students learn best when participating in hands on activities. I also liked the Jamboard activity that we did in class and I feel like I will use that in my class for future actives such as these.
ReplyDelete