Week 9 Blog - March 27th
Questions:
What did you learn this week?
This week I learned more about evolution and its drivers including natural selection, gene drift, migration, and mutation and evolution within fossils. I also learned how you can still see some evolution within your own body today. In class we watched a video of how you can see evolution through your ears, wrists, and tial bones.
Which parts did you find clear and which were confusing?
I found everything clear. Nothing confusing this week!
How can you apply what you've learned to your teaching in the future?
Yes, I can apply what I learned for my future teaching. I enjoyed the simulation we did and see benefit or it in the future as it shows the connection between predators and prey within the environment. I also feel as if the evlution video was very helpful in seeing that we can see evolution even within life today.
Pictures:
fast growing plant - dying preying on beans simulation (mixed beans together) - spoon/fork/knife is a predator and beans are prey preying on beans simulation (100 beans of each color)
| preying on beans simulation (collecting the beans in the cup) |
Hi Andriana! I thought the video about evolution was super interesting. I also think the predator and prey activity is something that I would use in my future teaching.
ReplyDeleteHi Andriana! I love how you included a variety of pictures on the bean project. I also thought the simulation was good activity to connect predators and prey in an environment, the video is a great idea too!
ReplyDeleteHi Andriana! I agree with your comment on using the simulation activities in our future classroom. This is a great way for students to be engaged and have fun with their peers, all while learning!
ReplyDeleteHey Andriana! That plant looks so sad and parched, wish we could have saved her. I also hope to include the bean activity in my future teaching! It was a blast! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete