Week 10 Blog - April 3rd
Questions:
What did you learn this week? / What are questions you still have?
I learned about reactions of chemistry during these following activities:
From these stations, I learned the importance of asking questions and remaining curious. I also learned about more of out jobs as an elementary teacher. We want our students t be curious and interested in our work. We need to set out students up to be successful by giving them the "Why" of things, and teach them how to ask and answer their own questions.
How can you apply what you've learned to your teaching in the future?
I can use these activities to use in the future to show the reactions of chemistry. I feel as if these visual activities helped us to learn and can give us more information of why that reaction occurred. For elementary students, i would maybe alter some of these stations as I wouldn't want them working with vinegar and some other tools, so maybe it would be more of a class work not groups. These activities will also be good ways of giving students ways to ask and answer questions.
Pictures of the stations:
| Cold "soda" |
| Plunger Push |
| Vinegar and Baking soda |
| M&Ms in water |
| Melting Ice |
| Coke Float |


Hi Andriana! I also learned from these experiments that it is important to ask questions and to stay curious. I feel like as you get older you stop being curious. I also thought that experiments were a great way to show reactions, and they were great for making predictions.
ReplyDeleteHey Andriana! I also really enjoyed these activities as well! I love how you have a plan on how you want to bring these activities into your future classroom to show chemical reactions. Great job!
ReplyDeleteHi Andriana! I agree that these are all super fun activities that can be used in the classroom! Your notes are super detailed on all of the stations, and what a great model for the plunger activity! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteHi Andriana! Great post. I thought this week we learned a lot but one of the biggest things was also not to answer student's questions right off the start. It is so imporant for their minds to keep on wondering and expanding on the topic!
ReplyDelete