Week 11 Blog - April 10th

Questions:


 -What did you learn this week? 

Today In discussion we talked about the differences in learning from grade levels. We then went into the depth of explaining the properties of matter and discussed each of them we came up with. Today we also went through property stations. We got to learn which items conduct electricity, was magnetic, their mass, their volume, and if the items floated or sank.

- Are you able to relate what you learned to what you already knew?

In some of the stations we learned about mass and volume. Previously from doing this I already knew that bigger the object the bigger the mass and volume would be. I found this activity to help with practice with explaining and investigating why the bigger the object is more mass and volume than the smaller object.

- How can you apply what you've learned to your teaching in the future?

I can use these stations in the future. I felt that all of these stations were very easy and elementary friendly, besides the electricity. I can use this in the future to show examples of matter and the properties and interactions of them. I believe these stations will help put a visual and hands on learning to students.


Photos:

Sink/Float station

Mass station

Mass station

Volume station

conducts electricity station

conducts electricity station

Magnetic station

Volume station







Comments

  1. Hi Andriana! I also find these activities to be super useful for the future. These experiments seem like something all grade levels would love and enjoy doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andriana! I agree that these activity was easy enough for elementary students to participate in. I think it would be a great activity to show them visually that different sizes of the same object are not quite the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Adriana! I also had previous K-12 experiences where we did similar activities. Still, I really enjoyed this lab. I also want to incorporate a similar lesson in my future classroom. I agree that this activity was elementary-friendly and would be very engaging for students. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Andriana! Long time no see! I also think that conductivity would be difficult to implement in an elementary classroom, and maybe a little scary! All of the other ones are perfect! Also, I like how you were able to connect this week's lesson on mass and volume with what you previously knew!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment