Week 14 Blog - May 1st

Questions:

What did you learn this week?

This week we learned how conservation of matter. No matter how many substances are mixed, matter should stay the same. 

Which parts did you find clear and which did you find confusing?

In the beginning I found it confusing how the data we were receiving from combining vinegar and baking soda together wasn't matching the conservation of matter. The dada we received was different than the original weight. I soon got to learn that there is a difference in what is supposed to happen and what happens during practice. It is very hard to perfect this data as there are so many different things that could occur. In some of the Trails air snuck out of the bottle, resulting the ending weight to be less than the original weight.

How can you apply this in the future?

I can apply this in the future as this is a very engaging and observing activity based off the content we are learning. I think this would be very fun but I may use this method in front of the class rather than having my students do it individually. I feel as with elementary students, they might not be ready yet to be working with chemical reactions themselves. I think this was a good representation, but if we wanted to get a perfect representation I could also show a video of an expert doing this activity so we can see how the data is supposed to be.  This can also bring in different learning styles into the lesson. 

Photos:


activity:




data

data


Comments